Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beware of Kids with Money

Tim and I took the kids to the movie theater. We saw Toy Story 3, the kids loved it and we loved watching our little ones experience a theater for the very first time. Hearing the awes and ooos after something they saw, just made it all worth while. For Tim and I it was a first at this theater, being that we are new to town. It did not disappoint, the place was huge, twenty concession stands, sixteen screens and not as expensive as I would have thought.
Watching the movie went off without a hitch, no crying or fighting. After the movie was over we had a bathroom break and we took time to refill the drinks and popcorn. We walked out to the car and some crying started. Nothing too bad, but as we started to get into the car my second oldest tells me "look what I bought in the bathroom" as he waves a little box in front of my face. I was mortified. I hoped he hadn't opened it. I thought about a conversation that I really didn't want to have with an 11 yr old and as all these thoughts are coming to me, Tim is yelling " you never buy anything out of a bathroom and you are not allowed to buy anything without our permission". Right then, I knew he thought it was the same thing I did and I'm pretty sure you have caught on by now. I looked him straight in the face and said " give it to me." I noticed it wasn't open and as I took it I said, "Stephen, they sell medicine in there for people who have a hard time going potty and if you took it, you could get sick" trying to sound sympathetic. I looked at my husband with a dumb look as if to say "well... I don't know what to tell him." Luckily our oldest son (the know it all) starts in on his brother about how "it makes you sick and it's like that stuff they sell at the store for older people."  I looked at the little box as the kids all start giving their two sense and opened it. I did so for two reasons; one to see what he thought he was buying and two to see what kind of stuff I had to worry about in that bathroom. It was breath drops, thank you. My son kept repeating "it said they were sour" and now I knew why.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...talk about a scare! Bernadette way to be on yo feet, "love the response"!

    ReplyDelete